Hello, Corner Viewers!
I have been MIA and without internet, but I'm back! And with that, back in school for one more semester. (Anyone know of marketing/HR/management jobs in DC or Atlanta!?) Here goes!
I can't pick my favorite fine artist, as is today's theme. I do like Salvador Dali's Persistence of Memory as well as Metamorphosis of Narcissus - the style is crisp and has volumes of underlying meaning. But truly, I love, love pictures of boats and harbors and masts with sails. I typically dislike photos of flowers, as there are entirely too many and very few are distinctive. Still life pictures remind me of elementary school art class, but architecture can capture my attention for hours. I've often wondered, "what's the big deal!?" when I see the real deal from Picasso or Matisse. However, I think Jeff Koons has some pretty cool pieces, and Frank Gehry even inspires jewelry from Tiffany that I'd wear, though none of these considered "fine" by the trained artist. I usually base what to buy on what grabs my eye as I pass by a sea of look-alikes, and when I've traveled before my one regret has been not bringing back more artwork. Now when I travel again, I'll work on that ;)
To see art from around the world, check out:
jane - ian - bonnie - joyce - kim - trinsch - ritva - francesca - state of bliss - cabrizette - isabelle - janis - kari - jgy - lise - cate - otli - dorte - sophie - mcgillicutty - sunnymama - juanita - daan - ibb - kelleyn - ninja - sammi - theresa - cherry b - cole - grey lemon - lucylaine - lynn - skywriting - anna - dorit - conny - l´atelier - kamana - rosamarĂa - victoria - yellow door - tikjewit - juniper - annabel - valerie - merel - mlle paradis - wander chow - tally - nadine - don - flowtops - susanna - tania - dana - tzivia - mari - mezza - hinke - susan - guusje - annemiek - barbara
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
One of my favorite paintings of all time is in the Smithsonian American Art in DC- Arthur F Mathews- spring dance. I don't know why- I just love it!
ReplyDeleteI like Salvador Dali art too. A great selection.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are back to having internet service. Yahoo... on school, let the count down begin. xo
It's difficult to choose... I like Dali as well (and saw his museum in Spain... a great moment) and I have to thank you for all these links... Very interesting ! It's nice to see you're back.
ReplyDeleteI have a friend, Dario Campanile, who actually studied with Dali. Pretty cool. Check out his work...
ReplyDeleteps
ReplyDeletehttp://www.campanilefineart.com/